Dena A. Kleeman is founding partner in the firm of Kleeman • Kremen Family Lawyers. She has practiced family law since her 1983 graduation from Stanford Law School, becoming a California Certified Family Law Specialist in 1994 and receiving specialized training as a divorce mediator in 1998. During the course of her career, Ms. Kleeman has handled complex divorce matters involving business valuation, divorce taxation, real property, and complex compensation, benefits, and intellectual property issues, as well as complex child custody matters, including interstate and international jurisdiction and Hague convention issues and multi parent parentage cases. Although her philosophy is to resolve matters by settlement, she aggressively represents her clients in litigation whenever called for. Ms. Kleeman teams with her partner, Ruth S. Kremen, and lawyers from other disciplines, to assure that her clients receive the most knowledgeable, attentive, and professional legal services they require for all facets of a family law case.
Ms. Kleeman serves as a judge pro tempore for the Los Angeles County Superior Court. She is a member of the ABA, the State Bar of California, the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Beverly Hills Bar Association. She served on the Board of Trustees of the Los Angeles County Bar Association from 2003 to 2004 and currently serves as an officer of the Los Angeles County Bar Association Family Law Section and chair of its legislative and child custody colloquium subcommittees. Ms. Kleeman is also a member of the Association for Certified Family Law Specialists (ACFLS) and a member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC).
- Wesleyan University (B.A., summa cum laude, with honors in Anthropology, 1977; M.A., 1977)
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1983
- 1983, California and U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
Honors, Memberships and Professional Activities
- Super Lawyer, Los Angeles Magazine (2006 - 2016)
- AV-Rated, Martindale Hubbell
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Executive Committee (2014 - present); Officer (2020 - present)
- Member, Association for Certified Family Law Specialists (1994 – present)
- Board of Trustees, Los Angeles County Bar Association (2003 - 2004)
- Chair, Legislation and Custody Colloquium Subcommittees (2019-present)
- Chair and Co-Chair, Century City Bar, Family Law Section (1992 - 1996)
- Member, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Judge Pro Tempore, Los Angeles County Superior Court, 1996–.
- Family Law Mediator, Los Angeles County Superior Court, 1994–.
- Fee Arbitrator, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Certified Specialist, Family Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 1994
- Estate of Logan (1987) 191 CA 3d 319; In re Marriage of Niklas (1989) 211 CA 3d 28.
- New Haven, Connecticut